At its launch, Deutsch perfekt can draw on Spotlight Verlag's 25 years of experience in the publication of successful language magazines. Over those years, the company's signature blend of journalism and language training has been continually optimized.
Currently the language magazines of Spotlight Verlag boast more than 500,000 readers at home and abroad. The combined paid circulation of Spotlight, Business Spotlight, Spot on, Adesso, Ecos und Écoute currently stands at some 365.000.
Countless seminars, trade fairs and conventions have provided the opportunity for Spotlight Verlag to engage in an active dialogue with language teachers from all over the globe. The development of Deutsch perfekt was prompted by the strong interest shown by organizations, institutions and associations, and furthered by the many valuable suggestions made by teachers and trainers of German as a foreign language.
Here, at a glance, are the major benefits offered by Deutsch perfekt as a learning tool to supplement your course work:
- Authentic journalistic texts on a number of current topics make an ideal starting point for your language class's discussions on social issues, the arts and current events.
- The magazine offers a proven, lively mix of text varieties (descriptive texts, interviews, personal reports, etc.) and text lengths (ranging from a short item to a full-length feature).
- There are three language levels, based on the Common European Framework of Reference:
a beginners' level at A2, a medium level at B1 (ideal as a preparation for the Zertifikat Deutsch), an upper level at B2 and above.
- The vocabulary explanations in German, which take into account the language level of the text, motivate the learner and make Deutsch perfekt usable anywhere in the world.
- Every month, free of charge, the teachers' newsletter Deutsch perfekt im Unterricht offers teachers and trainers ready-made exercises and photocopiable materials based on the texts of the current issue of the magazine. Teachers and trainers subscribing to the print version of the magazine get the teachers' newsletter by post with every issue. Subscribers to the digital version (e-paper) can download the newsletter from the website.
Deutsch perfekt includes language exercises, cards to tear out and collect, audio files to improve listening skills, and an accompanying website. Find out more at Learning German.